Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 10 EOC: 3 Things that scare or inspire

To scare or inspire that is the question. It really depense on whether you are out for good or bad. Or in other words is your intent is to create a product that is meant to help others or are you just going to create havoc. From the book “How the internet works” one topic I find to be quite scary. That topic is “War Driving”. Its sounds scary because of the fact that “War Drive Hacker” does not need to be even close to a open “WiFi “ network to capture the data that he needs to have heyday. But o tell you the truth this sounds like fun to me. Now don’t get me wrong I just want to try this not to do evil but to just to see if I could get it to work.
Another is the “Evil Twin”, where hackers finds a local coffee shop when it is at its busiest and create a duplicate SSID or “WiFi” to trick internet users to use instead of the coffee shops. Then of course they can collect all the data they need to get started. But the thing that I kind of want to go out and try is both. I think that that would be interesting. Of course this is only for academic purposes only.